Disaster Preparedness (Poultry)
Preparing for a disaster or emergency can help mitigate stress, cost and time lost to managing and recovering from the event.
Disaster preparedness can be difficult, even without being involved in agricultural production.
This page gathers some resources to help poultry producers plan for disasters. The NC Disaster Information Center is a good site to bookmark.
NC State Extension resources
- Hurricane Preparation and Recovery for North Carolina: Poultry Producers Guide (from the USDA Southeast Climate Hub)
- NC Disaster Information Center
- COVID-19 Resources and Information
NC State Extension factsheets
State of North Carolina resources
- Emergency Management (North Carolina Department of Public Safety)
- Disaster planning for farms and agribusiness (NCDA&CS)