35th Sustainable Agriculture Conference
Are you looking for information about sustainable agriculture? Do you want to meet others with the same questions or with successes to share? If so, the 35th Sustainable Agriculture Conference, hosted by the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association is for you!
This year’s conference will be virtual, with workshops hosted online over four days.
When: November 4–8, 2020
Register: Early bird registration offers a discounted price for the entire conference. Early bird registration is open until October 16.
Sessions cover a variety of topics, including these that particularly relate to poultry:
- Food Safety Auditors Q&A (North Carolina & South Carolina) – Thursday, November 5
- Foodborne Illness v Non-Foodborne & the Science of COVID-19 – Friday, November 6
- Composting for Waste Management & Soil Building – Friday, November 6
- Creating Consumer-Friendly Bulk Meat Sales – Friday, November 6
- Best Practices for Working With Your Processor – Saturday, November 7
- Scaling Up Pastured Poultry: Grow More Birds More Profitably With Less Time – Sunday, November 8
About the conference
from the conference page
For 35 years, the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA)’s annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference has drawn farmers, foodies, researchers, educators, and activists for a weekend celebration of innovation in local sustainable agriculture. Educational workshops and panels, inspiring talks, and tours by industry leaders are interspersed with social opportunities, exhibits, and networking.
This year’s Sustainable Agriculture Conference will feature more than 50 live-streamed workshops over four days. These workshops are a mix of formal presentations, panels, discussions, and Q&A’s with 140+ speakers from the Carolinas and beyond.
We’ve spread out the schedule such that only four workshops are happening at one time, with plenty of breaks in between.
The best part? You don’t have to choose one workshop over another – conference registrants will have access to recordings of all the sessions for up to a year after the event!